Nanotechnology Transforming Drug Delivery
nStrada is a subcutaneous implant that provides long-term, constant release of a wide range of drugs and biologics.
NanoMedical Systems develops novel drug-delivery devices based on its proprietary nStrada™ nanofluidics platform for sustained release of chronic therapies. These devices can be loaded with a variety of drugs including small molecules, peptides, and proteins for subcutaneous implantation. The nStrada™ devices rely on diffusion (passive or controlled) to achieve steady-state drug concentrations within a few days and then maintain constant release for the duration of the implant. This performance represents a significant improvement over polymer-based implants and depots which suffer from an initial burst release and multiple weeks to achieve steady-state concentrations.
nStrada Drug Delivery Platform
The nStrada Drug Delivery Platform utilizes state-of-the-art semiconductor manufacturing methods and biocompatible materials and features a tunable high-density array of precision nanochannels that regulates the delivery of drug molecules from an internal reservoir. No power or moving parts are required for long-term constant delivery.
Nanochannel Chip Concept
Constant Delivery -
nStrada Platform – Three Delivery Systems
Gen 1: Passive System
- Constant release
- Low dose volume/longer drug stability
- Tested in-vitro & in-vivo (rodent, dog, pig)
Gen 2: Passive, Refillable
- Constant Release
- Higher doses/shorter drug stability
- Tested in-vitro & in-vivo (non-human primates and pig)
Gen 3: Active Control
- Remote control capability
- Tunable release
- Tested in-vitro & in-vivo (rodent)
Nanochannel Chip Drug Delivery Technology Platform Established
- Successful in vitro studies with over 20 drugs (small – large molecules: 180 – 149,000 Da )
- Successful in vivo studies with multiple drugs (small – large molecules)
- Over 10 different animal studies utilizing multiple models: rat, mouse, dog, monkey
Competitive Analysis – Drug Delivery
Microscopic View of Nanochannel Chip (nCHP)
How It Works
Get In Touch
NanoMedical Systems, Inc.
HighFlex Technology Center
12708 Riata Vista Circle, Suite A-105
Austin, TX 78727